Timing advance processors (Variator) - electronic control units that change the original advance angle of ignition for cars equipped with CNG or LPG and hall effect crankshaft Position Sensor, 2 camshaft position sensor
- Fuel economy - 25% CNG or 10% LPG.
- Significantly increasing of the engine's torque when working on gas
- Prevents the burnout of the exhaust valve and the catalystariators are especially effective, due to the ability to fine tune the angle, based on the turnover
Features of the "Microluch 3Dhall" variator:
- Used for advance of the signals from the induction sensor of the crankshaft location and the 2 Hall sensor of the camshaft
- Changes the angle of ignition depending on the engine speed(2D), or the engine speed and load (3D)
- Has the ability to anticipate or lag behind in gasoline
- Has its own wiring different from the standard
The use of the variator is necessary due to gas burning slower than petrol.
Even the most advanced gas injection controller of the 4th generation is unable to affect the timing of the fuel ignition.
The timing defines the ECU of the car, not knowing, that the engine is working on gas.
In the operating modes of the engine with a load, some gas is not burned in the cylinder.
That leads to:
- decreasing of engines power
- increasing of the temperature of the exhaust gases
It all can effect with changing the geometry of the exhaust valve, burnout of the exhaust valve saddles, and a decrease in the life span of the catalyst neutralizer.
In some cars, overheating may lead to the ignition coils that are located directly on the engine, to fail.
The variator detects that the engine has changed to using gas, changes the signal from the sensor of the crankshafts’ location, in a way that ECU ignites the fuel a few degrees earlier, the fuel burns, increasing torque and power, especially with low turnover, decreasing the temperature and toxicity of the exhaust!
- Configured using computer software, with standard interface.
- Has an option to change the angle of advance, the angle is set using a graph, with an accuracy of 1 degree every 500 turnover
- Works with impulses from the crankshaft and the camshaft, even on cars using variable valve timing.
- Can be used with different firmware in order to use with alternative configurations and with a non-standard engine.
- Has an integrated oscilloscope for visual observation of the input and output signals.
- Connection to the pedal is not nessesarily needed.
- Provides a regulated delay in the advance during a smooth transition to gas.
- Does not contain unreliable, in case of vibrations, potentiometers and switches.
Benchmark testing - Skoda A5 using LPG
Graph shows comparison between the car without the variator, and with the variator, with 7 degrees advance.
The increase in power and torque is clearly seen, especially at low turnover.
The variator completely removes the loss in torque when the car starts moving.
- Brand: Microluch
- Product Code: 3Dhall
- Availability: In Stock